The Mission Hills Town Council is Hiring an Executive Director
The Mission Hills Town Council is recruiting a passionate, community-minded and results oriented individual to be the organization’s first Executive Director. The Executive Director will report to the President of the Board of Trustees, and will have operational responsibility for the Mission Hills Town Council’s programs, development, and execution of its mission. S/he will initially develop deep knowledge of the Council’s core programs and operations and then help develop and implement a long-range strategic plan to support the continued growth of the organization.
A hands-on Board of Trustees drives the Mission Hills Town Council. As the organization’s reach and activities have expanded, the organization has decided to pursue the hiring of its first Executive Director to handle day-to-day operational details as well as be the common thread year-over-year as Trustees take on different responsibilities or their term expires. Key responsibilities for the position include the following:
- Actively engage and energize MHTC Trustees, committee members and partnering organizations; Coordinate with local Mission Hills organizations such as the Business Improvement District and the Mission Hills Heritage
- Prepare the agenda, book meeting space and organize speakers for monthly Trustee meetings and Quarterly Town Hall meetings; record the minutes of the meetings
- Help in the identification and selection of a pipeline of community supporters who have the potential to become MHTC Trustees as space allows
- Manage the by-laws and work with the Board President and Executive Committee to make sure they are fulfilled
- Be an external community presence that publishes and communicates MHTC programs and results; be an advocate for Mission Hills and the phenomenal benefits of our community
- Manage MHTC’s social media programs such as Facebook and potentially others, and significantly increase outbound communication to the membership and community through these vehicles
- Build/enhance the MHTC’s overall public presence with contributed articles in community newspapers, ongoing editing and updating of website and regular e-blasts to memberships regarding upcoming events and relevant Mission Hills news
- Regular response to emails received through the MHTC website
- Work to build a database of emails and contact information for the majority of residents in Mission Hills
- Manage current membership and help create and implement programs to attract new members
- Work with Mission Hills realtors on MHTC information in welcome packets
Events and Fundraising:
- Support the development and facilitation of Summer Concerts; work with the concert committee on the identification of bands, solicit sponsors and community contributions and help administrative aspects such as obtaining permits with the city and managing parking issues
- Support one-off events such as the recent Combat Arts unveiling on Goldfinch Street or joint MHTC/BID meeting on Crime and Homelessness
- Spearhead and work with Trustees on community enhancement projects such as adding pocket parks, managing canyon clean-ups, etc.
- Identify and write city/community grants for additional funds for community enhancement projects
The ED will be thoroughly committed to the Mission Hills Town Council’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership and relationship management experience. Other qualifications include:
- Ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs
- Success working with a Board of Directors and ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Mission Hills resident is a plus but not required!
In the initial year, the Executive Director position will be 60 hours per month at a rate of $20/hour. It is expected the hours and earnings could increase as programs are enhanced and fundraising goals are set and achieved.
Interested parties should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until Friday, May 15th and then select applicants will be notified regarding the interview process.